Monday, September 29, 2008

The Perfect Day

Have you ever noticed that perfect days are filled with many imperfections? I'm so grateful for the many perfect days I've had lately and I just want to share one such day with you. Yesterday was one of those perfect days where I can't help but see what I have and be extremely thankful. In the morning I tried to get everyone ready for church. I sat Jessi down to do her hair amongst her several protests that she didn't want this or that. To which I responded, "I'm the mom, I'll do whatever I want!" --imperfect moment in my perfect day.

After church, if Mike doesn't have a meeting afterwards we always race him home (He goes to church 2 hrs early for meetings so we have two vehicles there.) As we all walked out of the church doors I counted quietly to the kids, "1, 2, 3 GO!!" We ran across the parking lot, (in my heels no less) in a hurry to pile in the car. Driving like I mad woman, I still didn't get out of the parking lot faster than Mike. But after a few lucky lane changes (responsibly done of course), we were finally in the lead. We pulled into the drive way seconds before Mike did and the kids ran to the front door, (because the race is to see who can get there faster). I look over at Mike who bailed out of his truck as fast as he could, only to see his truck slowly rolling backwards out of the driveway. The look on his face when he realized what happened was soooo funny. He ran back to the truck and jumped in and stopped it. We were both laughing so hard! The laughter on his face at that moment is something I don't think I will ever forget and it made my heart swell. --imperfect moment in my perfect day.

Later that evening we went to my sister in law's house to celebrate my father in law's birthday. Most all the family the was there crowding the house to near maximum capicity. When it came time to sing happy birthday my husband tried his darndest to sing out of key, he succeeded. His brother, Matt, then began howling along with him. My mother in law (who is still fighting off cancer) was laughing as only a mother of 4 boys and 2 girls can do. The joy on her face the faces of all there made my heart grow even more. --imperfect moment in my perfect day.

I just want to say thank you to all the people in my life that make my perfect days possible!!

3 comments:

MegiJones said...

Nikki- What a great post! I love all of your imperfect moments in your perfect day. They made me smile and you also made me miss Phx. Glad you all are doing well.

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

TOOOOO FUNNY!!! I love the truck rolling back!!

Davis' said...

we were laughing too. we just had such a race home from the church today.