Friday, December 12, 2008

I feel so rejected!! LOL!!

So the agent that asked for my full manuscript said that it was a very strong concept and the writing was good, but it wasn't right for him. I'm up to 11 rejections right now and 15 agents haven't responded. My favorite rejection was today when I got a personal email, (not a form letter) but she put a different title down instead of Dream Swords. I couldn't help but laugh. She wrote back immediately and apologized for mixing it up with another story, but it was still a rejection. I wrote her back and told her that I've been dreaming about all the rejections I've been getting but I never dreamt I would get rejected for something I didn't write!! I thanked her for the laugh and the personal email. She wrote back and laughed with me. It was a good moment. If there are any good moments when your are being rejected anyways!!

Thanks for all your encouraging thoughts and words!!

3 comments:

Jenni James said...

That's cool that she was so normal and nice about it! Aww man! Hang in there... it'll happen I promise!

Davis' said...

funny story!! Hang in there.

the Jesters Court said...

You will find the right agent. It is probably the ones that dont get right back that are the hardest, or I guess easiest to worry about.
Just keep hanging in there its going to happen!