Friday, November 13, 2009

Top 10 Ways Moms are like Rockstars!!


I felt silly and decided to write the top ten ways moms are like rockstars! So laugh along with me.
10. As soon as they are spotted, they get no peace.
9. They hear their name chanted incessantly on a daily basis.
8. They often deal with loss of voice due to overuse.
7. Often they have the same set of groupies following them around. (I can't get rid of mine, no matter what I do!)
6. Their most adoring fans usually want something from them. ("Mom, I love you so much...can I have the car keys?)
5. Hectic schedules interfere with regular eating habits. ( I am typing this between bites of a sandwich that is actually my breakfast that I am eating at 11am)
4. Some people mistakenly think they have unlimited supplies of money. ("But mom, it's only $20!")
3. They often have get encore requests. ("Mom, I forgot my lunch/homework/important project please bring it to the school.")
2. Their clothing choices are sometimes questioned. ("Are you really going to wear that in public?")
1. Their autographs are in great demand, especially at the most inopportune times. ("Mom, you have to sign my report card/daily behavior sheet/test grade/homework before school in 5 minutes!!")
That was fun! Do you have any you would like to add? Feel free to put them in the comments!

5 comments:

Heather said...

That is so funny. I never saw it that way, but its so true!

Anonymous said...

That list is so true. I used to tell my kids that I had changed my name I wasn't going to tell them the new one. You have a darling family, and what a brave pose!

Jenni James said...

Hey you! You won a British candy bar over at my blog!

Jenni

Unknown said...

Oh that's too funny! My kids are still little, but I'm sure I'll be experience all of those soon enough.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Hey, this post reminds of a post I wrote about rock stars, too (my WIP)!

I have to apologize for not being too clear on my MMW post about my contest. It is one that I am holding on my personal blog. You still have until this Saturday to enter.

Again, I really sorry about this. :(