Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Opposition

Have you ever noticed that when you are confronted with opposition in your life it only makes you stronger? Of course you have. So why do people that oppose you or your views insist on making your views stronger by confrontation? It's always interesting to see the different opinions and views that come out especially around a presidential election. I inevitably come across someone who thinks the opposite of me. It is always stimulating to hear their views and I enjoy seeing both sides of the arguments. I like to read both sides to verify my views. And I usually come back feeling stronger for it. I don't like to argue my side I just state my opinion and encourage the other person to state theirs. It's wonderful to have the freedom to say what we think and feel. So I am grateful for the opposition in my life and for the soldiers and founders of our country that have made this freedom possible. Please remember to vote no matter what your opinion is. Many people died for our ability to voice our opinions through the polls. Did you know that our country has some of the lowest voting rates. Less than half the citizens in our country vote in most elections. That is a sad fact. Let's change that this year! VOTE!

1 comment:

Jenni James said...

I agree! I think it's true! We all stand a little taller after an attack on what we believe.. especially if the Spirit confirms we are right! lOL! Oh! I wanted to tell you I tagged you again, on my blog! Muhahah!