Friday, May 25, 2007

More Activities




Last night the kids had a music concert at school. They played songs on their recorders and sang songs. Each grade sang one at a time. Jessi was the most excited about this concert. She had been practicing hard all year on her recorder. They all looked really cute up there and had lots of fun.




I am the Activity Day leader for the 8-11 year old girls at church. I came up with a mother-daughter activity for the girls to do at home with their moms. I taught them to do professional pedicures. I made sure to teach them about when Jesus washed the feet of his disciples. I couldn't find a poem online for the girls to read to their moms, so I wrote one. I'm sharing it with you all in case you ever need a poem for this type of occasion or lesson:

The Washing

Jesus came with towel in hand
And knelt down with a plan.
He filled a basin with water, clean,
His disciples saw His eyes gleam.

Then He knelt before each one,
And washed their feet forgetting none.
With the towel He did dry
Knowing that soon He’d die.

After performing this menial task
He answered the question, no one asked.
“Know ye what I have done to you?”
Then He taught them what to do.

“Ye also ought to wash one another’s feet”
He explained this example as He took His seat.
I remember this example He taught,
It was for me to remember to do what I ought.

It is with love for you and Christ the same,
That I wash your feet in His name.
For you have taught me to follow Him,
That I may live free from sin.

So thank you for all you do,
And thank you for letting me serve you.

Poem by Nikki Wilson

1 comment:

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

I love the pitures og the kids they look so cute playing the recorders. I love this poem it really is great love you guys