Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jessi Updates


Jessi has been loving school this year. She even wrote the most creative story for school. Here's the summary she wrote for her back cover:
Lilly was a girl looking for excitement but some doors are locked for a reason. Lilly was wondering the house and found a door that was locked. What was it? Will she find the key? Will she end up with the same fate as the others? What will she do? Will an old journal help her? Will she ever know what is in that mystic door?
Doesn't it sound awesome? I think I'll have her write all the summaries for my books from now on!
Starting the first week of April, Jessi began waking up at night gasping for air. The first time it happened I didn't know whether or not to take her to the hospital, but after we got her standing up she was fine. It was really strange. The dr. thought that it could have been asthma attack brought on by a sinus infection so we tried an inhaler and antibotics, a week later when that still wasn't working, we tried a nebulizer, she's on two different allergy medications, we tried upping the dose of one of them. Point and case, nothing worked. She went to see an ear, nose, and throat dr last week. I told him all that has been going on and after looking in her nose and throat he said her problems were caused by swollen adnoids, tonsils, and some ridges in her nose. So she will be having surgery in about two weeks to have her tonsils and adnoids removed, he will also be carterizing the ridges in her nose as well. We are hoping this works because for the past 6 weeks I haven't slept through the night and I pray everyday that she will wake up in the morning. It's been really scary and it has given me a chance to realize how much she means to me. She holds a very special place in my heart and in our family. She is so creative and imaginative. Her thinking is so outside of the box that she never ceases to amaze me. I don't ever want to do without her!

3 comments:

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

Jessi I love your story!! Are you ever going to write a sequel?

Helmer Rivera said...

hello family wilson, are you family with Elder Wilson(Todd Wilson) missionery in chiclayo Peru?.

Nikki said...

No I'm sorry we're not. I wish I could help you.