Thursday, May 15, 2008

Watch out JK Rowling... Here Comes Nikki Wilson!

Ok, so in reality, JK Rowling has nothing to worry about, but I just finished writing a book! WOO HOO! It's a young adult fantasy novel about a 14 yr. old girl who buys a sword at a festival and finds out that it can transport her to the world of dreams where good and evil battle. It's still really rough and is in major need of a rewrite, but I'm setting it aside for a bit so I can get caught up with life again. I have pictures to post, blogs to write, laundry to wash, books to read, tv shows to watch, bedrooms to clean, a computer class to finish, etc. But I just wanted you all to be the first to know that I finished a book. Someday, when it's published, you'll say, hey I knew her when she was dorky. (Ok, so I'll always be dorky, but the public will hopefully never know that.) By the way, you are all the people I'll be hiring to go to my book signings to pretend that my book is the best one EVER!! LOL! I'm really not as confident in myself as I sound right now, which is why I'm not putting an excerpt on here yet. I have to wait until the rewrite, then maybe it will be good enough to show off.

4 comments:

NancyM said...

I have been waiting and wondering where you have been, every day I look for a new blog and there has been none. I'm glad you're back with us. P.S. Juli wants to be the first to read your book.

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

I am glad that you finished it. I can't wait for the finished product. You did really great.

Davis' said...

I would come to the book signing without being paid. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Jenni James said...

You are SOOO awesome! I am SOO happy for you!