Wednesday, May 7, 2008

American Idol

I couldn't help but think of my grandma as I was watching American Idol this week. Grandma usually watched it and always had a favorite. The year Carrie Underwood was on, grandma voted for her and was so tickled when she won. Last year, towards the end of the season, grandma called each week to remind me to vote for Jordan Sparks. Since she was our home town girl, grandma was adamant that we vote for her. My favorite thing last year was the last show when grandma called to make sure we voted for her as much as we could. I said, "Yes, but you can only vote 10 times per phone line." This is where grandma giggled like a little girl and admitted to voting 10 times on all 3 phone lines she has. I couldn't help but laugh with her. The kids loved talking to her about American Idol. And a couple times last year, I called her during the show to see how she liked Jordan's performance. Now we're down to the final four contestants and I'm missing grandma's phone call telling me who to vote for!!

2 comments:

NancyM said...

I think you should vote for David Cook. I like David A., but he doesn't have the look of an American Idol. He squints too much. Jason is so cute, but doesn't have the drive. That's my opinion, Aunt Jeanie would say..."They are all so good, I can't decide."....where are her rose colored glasses when we need them?

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

The funny thing about this is that when I was reading it I could actually hear grandma's giggle or laugh in my head. She was proud wasn't she.